Google Friend Connect

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hundred Year Old Cookies

OK, well, not the cookies.  But the recipe is.  At least, this is what I'm told by them whose apron strings I aspire to tie.  I suspect a couple of ingredients have probably been modified for modern convenience, but all in all, it turns out pretty gosh darn tasty cookies

Given the state of my cookbook, one might think this is an original copy, but it isn't.  Just well loved.  And frequently made.
There are, of course, things not noted in this recipe.  Like the addition of cinnamon and raisins.  There are, unbelievably, people who don't like raisins in their oatmeal cookies.  I am not friends with any of them.




This is actually a double batch, but volume wise, it's about all my mixer bowl can handle.  It does make a lot of cookies



E1 took this picture.  For a 5 year old, I'd say he did pretty well



My helper is never far away
I prefer an ice cream scoop to make nice, neat little rows of uniform cookie balls.  I'm a first born, what can I say?



The secret to these cookies (and most cookies, I suspect) is to slightly under bake them.  These are almost too cooked



The cookie continues to bake after it leaves the oven, and will essentially over cook then.  Dry, crumbly, crunchy cookies.  So not what we're going for here.



This is better.  They will crack slightly as they cool.  This is a good sign



Ah, oatmeal raisin lusciousness.  Delish!
1. 2.
Share/Save/Bookmark 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment